Enforcing court order

Status
Not open for further replies.

swampbrat

In my divorce decree I was awarded my attorney fees. My ex-spouse has never paid them even after being asked to several times. I am now having to go back to court because he is trying to modify the child support from $300 a week to $241 a month and is claiming to be current when he is actually $2000 behind. This is ridiculous obviously so I would like to go for my attorney fees again. How do I enforce this award once it is given? How do I make him actually PAY this time? :confused:

Originally posted by swampbrat
In my divorce decree I was awarded my attorney fees. My ex-spouse has never paid them even after being asked to several times. I am now having to go back to court because he is trying to modify the child support from $300 a week to $241 a month and is claiming to be current when he is actually $2000 behind. This is ridiculous obviously so I would like to go for my attorney fees again. How do I enforce this award once it is given? How do I make him actually PAY this time? :confused:
Why not let him look incredibly foolish and raise the issue when he tries to put his best foot forward to obtain the reduction?! His credability will be lost... There is paperwork that is typically done in court to make a 'motion' to move the court to compel a litigant to comply with a prior order. You may want to look into what this involves in the court you are in and may want to ask the court clerk for assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back