Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Employee theft

You are dealing with a collection agency. They know how to contact you. Leave them alone. Don't be so anxious to walk the plank.
Ohhh, okay! The note he had me sign said it had to be within 30 days so I just assumed it would have to be here by now. You're right though, I'm just gonna wait and try not to be so paranoid. Just don't really know how to deal with anything like this so I'm probably being a spaz

WE don't know. Why would you contact them??? What do they have to do with anything?
Well now I see that I just need to be patient and wait for the letter.i was gonna contact them to see if I had a file number yet so I could get the payment over with. I'm just going to be patient and wait to be contacted through the mail though.

Do yourself a favor. When the letter comes, and before you offer payment, visit a local attorney you trust for a quick free/low cost consult.
They can offer insight on how things are typically handled in your area and advise whether your best option is to pay, not pay, or pay significantly less.
Remember you have no legal obligation to pay anything at all. You are not at their mercy and you do have options.
You also have nothing to be paranoid about. Nobody is coming for you.

Do yourself a favor. When the letter comes, and before you offer payment, visit a local attorney you trust for a quick free/low cost consult.
They can offer insight on how things are typically handled in your area and advise whether your best option is to pay, not pay, or pay significantly less.
Remember you have no legal obligation to pay anything at all. You are not at their mercy and you do have options.
You also have nothing to be paranoid about. Nobody is coming for you.
Thank you so much for your advice! It really has put me at ease. I have contacted a few. Both advised me to pay it and said basically what you did. Again, thank you for the advice. It was helpful.

Back