Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Employee Theft Incident- Company now Bankrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole89

I had an incident at work about 3 months ago. I was accused of theft of 322.83. I was making false credit card payments to my store credit card (where I worked at). I was never arrested, I never spoke to a police officer and I was never prosecuted. I did pay restitution back for the full amount. Although I was never found guilty in a court of law, the company filed a report on the theft incident and it shows up on my employment record when the future employer does an investigative background check. I found out today (Oct.17) that the remaining stores must liquidate and close operations since the company went out of business due to bankruptcy. My question is, when the company completely goes out of business would I be able to dispute this theft report off of my record, since there is no one there to prove the dispute? This incident isn't on my permanent record and it never went to court. There is also no police record of it. Please advise. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back