Consumer Fraud employee fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

linzb76

My boss and I are being accused of fraud with the company we work for. Three employees went to her boss and said that I never work for the company and that she just adds me to payroll and we split the check. They get less hrs. than I do and want me and my boss gone to get my hrs. and her job. The job is for a marketing company so there is no time clock. But we have pictures of me working, I am on the schedule for the past year that everyone to sees, and other employees have worked with me and have told the boss this. Now it is escalating into auditors coming in and looking back and interviewing everyone I worked with over the past year. My question is, what will the next step be since it is our word against theirs? Can they take us to court and really charge us with fraud (which is what her boss told us)? I am scared because this is just a part time job for me and do not want to lose my prestigious full time job. What should I do?

Thank you!

Start looking for a new job somewhere else. The atmosphere doesn't sound like a pleasant place for you to continue working at. It is unlikely your employer would bring fraud charges against you. You say you've worked there for the past year, thus you should have many documents, records, etc. showing the work you have accomplished.

You don't indicate what state you are employed in, but in Florida employment is "At Will". The employer can fire you for any or no reason at all. If the employer has sent in auditors that is an indication that they feel serious accusations have been made. Depending upon the politics of the company, you may receive the short end. Not your fault, yet that doesn't matter. Be prepared and have your resume ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back