Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks embesslement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppowell

i have a friend that was convicted of embesslement around 13 to 14 years ago. he did his time in prison and has been on probation for the last 12 years. how long does this punishment go on? is there any thing to do to get to put this to an end?
he turned himself in at the time of the crime and did everything he could possibly do in prison to do his time and get out to be with his family.
unfortunately, he made a terrible mistake years ago, he knows that. but does he have to suffer for the rest of his life? please help me to understand the law in a case let this. robin hood's a hero for the same type of crime!:confused:

I'm not sure I understand the problem. He went to jail and then has been on probation for the last decade. How is he being punished by serving out his time on probation? Probation is far better than jail and I would think that the longer probation is for the shorter jail sentence.

embezzlement

I apologize because this isn't really a reply to the previous question ... but it is on a related thought about embezzlement.

What is the statute of limitations for filing a charge of embezzlement against someone in California?

I understand what you say about the probation period. Thank you. If the insurance company paid some of the money back, does that go toward the restitution?
Is there a period of time that this person has, that he can go to these individuals and make some kind of deal?
If restitution has been made in full and his probation time is up, will he continue on probation?
Thank you for helping me to understand this situation.

Restitution doesn't change the fact that a crime was committed. The longer the period from the crime, the less the chance that the crime will be prosecuted unless it is serious, e.g. not a small assault, etc. Obvious issues include the credability of the evidence and witnesses after a long period has passed and memory fading, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back