Criminal Trials, Hearings Emails in trails

Status
Not open for further replies.

silly3836

I just have a quick question regarding a case one of my family members is going through. The situation is my cousin has been charge for a crime that she didn't commit and all the evidence or lack there of is circumstantial against her and there was another person that fits in the time frame of the crime because they were there, and that person previously admitted to their lawyer after it happen that they committed the crime but of course his lawyer doesn't have to release his confusion even after they arrested my cousin for his crime. However what his lawyers don't know it that he sent my cousin an emailing apologizing and admitting to what he had done not thinking it would matter in her case, now she is getting it authenticated and on top of that he sent her text messages where he also implemented himself in the crime and was taunting her, she has gotten those authenticated and she and the prosecution both have a time-line that puts him there, she was just the easier target. My question is can she use that against that person to get her charges dropped.

Q: My question is can she use that against that person to get her charges dropped.

A: You can try. E-mails are easily forged, so they aren't worth much.

OK but if it's been authenticated and proving to come from that person and that person also sent supporting text messages as well to her basically saying the same thing and even referencing the email, that with the authentication prove that person really is admitting to it. Cause forging an email is one thing but forging text messages is another and they both support each other. Theres to much detail in both for them to be forged because he know details that no one else could possible know and he names people including the name of their unborn child that a random person couldn't just guess and gives detailed information on personal conversations that only he and another person have. I know they both fall under digital evidence and since they support each other something should be able to help my cousin especially with the text messages and email being authenticated and leading back to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back