Emails from boss to boss to boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

educator

Hi,
My problem/question is this:

I have access as a Technology Director to employee and boss emails. 6 years ago I was taken out of a job and placed in a new job due to lies from one Boss to another Boss. This was in 2007. Recently I accessed the email of one Boss who got a new job at a different company. I found emails he had written and received from his Boss pertaining to my situation and also emails that had been written to the big boss about my situation. Contained in these emails were allegations that were out and out lies. If I wanted to, could I use these emails in a court of law to show that I had been given a different job due to fallacious information and what appears to be a pattern of lies just to take me out of my original job and placed in another job? Almost looks like a conspiracy. I'm not a paranoid person just for the record. All of the information pertaining to my situation in these emails was hearsay---coming from someone who would not be reliable and very apt to get information incorrect.

If it would be legal, I can actually save this email account so that it is not deleted therefore hopefully preserving the authenticity of these emails.

Also at the bottom of these emails is the following:

CONFIDENTIALITY - This message is intended to be confidential and directed only to the person/entity as addressed above. Furthermore the contents of this message and any attachments hereto may be subject to work product doctrine and should not be disclosed to other parties or distributed/copied in any way. If you have received this message by error, please reply by e-mail to inform me and delete any copies from your hard drive.

Does the above carry any weight?

Any information would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you

No, you couldn't. The law does not give one hoot whether you were taken out of one job and put in another or why.

Especially not six years after the fact.

So, injustice then prevails I take it? I was unaware of the existence of these emails until a week ago. Seems to me that it would be similar to being fired without due cause? What about the disclaimer at the bottom of these emails? Do they carry any weight legally?

Here's the thing - unless you live in Montana, and not always then, you CAN, quite legally, be fired without due cause.

But the fact remains that an employer can, QUITE LEGALLY, move you to another job any time they want to for no reason at all, barring only a legally binding and enforceable contract that expressly and in so many words says that they cannot.

The disclaimer at the bottom has no relationship whatsoever to the legality of their actions.

I had already signed my contract for TEACHING which was also signed by the Principal. Not a breach of contract then? I just want to get the whole picture is all. And, I do live in Montana.
I was asking about the disclaimer I guess separately.

The disclaimer has no relevance to the actions you have described.

I haven't read your contract so I can't say if it was breached. The facts as you have described them do not automatically create a breach. And, quite honestly, the fact that you did not AT THE TIME take any action is going to create a defense - you didn't think it was a breach six years ago.

(If you had been fired, there is a Montana state law that might - *might* - have provided you some protection. That law does not apply in the case of job transfers.)

Actually it's not whether you live in Montana but work in Montana which could also be the case here. However, the Montana exception to at-will employment doesn't apply in this case anyway. Just wanted to clarify work (not live in state).

Okay, thank you for your time and answers. I did think it was a breach at the time just so you know. But, I was told not to "trump" the Principal's "hand" by the Principal himself. This is a unique situation. It has to do with ethics and morals also. This is in a Catholic School. I was "obedient" to the Principal but now he has left and I no longer need to be so.
Thank you though for your legal expertise. I will pursue this in another way and will probably have to to before a "Church" court.

Thanks a million!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back