Email Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.

gearxwitch

I am currently in the middle of a battle with my husband's ex-wife and her family. As part of the divorce, he owes her a money award, yet every time we try to find out where to send any payments, she avoids us, and by the time we get an answer from her, we can't afford to send anything.

She moved to Australia over the summer, and we've been getting a massive runaround since. I've tried contacting her to make new payment arrangements because we had some money, but her mother always interjected. Now, her mother and grandparents expect me to send my checks to them! My husband is not okay with that, and when I suggested PayPal, her mother went off on me, saying that I have an obsession with her daughter, and that I don't have any money, it's just a ploy to get her Australian address.

I told this woman to stop emailing me, that I will no longer discuss anything with her. This was Monday. I've gotten five more emails, and a rather rude tweet, from her since then.

When I told her to stop emailing me, I told her that I would consider each email she sent me after that as harassment. I live in OR, she lives in WV. If I block her email, she'll just harass me via "snail mail", my promotional MySpace/Facebook profiles, my business sites, and Twitter. I run 2 businesses (one of them is my dad's), and I'm a performer/promoter, I can't put all kinds of restrictions on my public profiles. I block her, and she finds ways around it. I'm almost afraid to check any of my accounts.

I really was planning on sending a payment to his ex when our tax refund came in this weekend, but now I'm afraid her mother will find some way to sabotage that. My husband says fighting them is useless, and he'd just as soon not send anything until his ex can fight her own battles instead of letting her mother speak for her.

Mostly, I want the harassment to stop. I have mental disabilities that make this all hard for me to handle. I've reached a point where I don't care about the constant stream of lies about me and my husband. I just want to get these people out of our lives once and for all. If she lived here, I'd already have a packet at the sheriff's office. But she doesn't. So, what are our options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back