Elevator accident in the workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

xystofer

On 8/1/08 my girlfriend was using the elevator where she works at Wachovia. There are 4 floors including the basement floor. The incident occurred at approx level 3. The elevator runs on rotors instead of pulleys and cables - one of the rotors malfunctioned and she heard a grinding noise before the carriage shifted and the doors opened slightly - dust and debris fell down on her. When she got out there were no immediate supervisors on site to fill out an incident report but she was able to talk with an admin assist who emailed all sites about the incident. There has apparently been problems with stalling previously - building maintenance was notified but there was some hesitency to confirm or deny possible cause - she has begun the process for workman's comp and has been seen by a doctor -

Are there any options available to her regarding negligence? The thought of getting on another elevator almost puts her in a panic attack. She has a 6 year old little boy and it scares me to think what could have happened had she fell those 3 floors.

I appreciate the time taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back