Student Loans Educational Loan Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started attending Marinello School of Beauty using a combination of grants/federal loans/private loans and making monthly payments out of pocket for amount not covered by loans. Now, being told I still owe the school $933 before I graduate (which is in a week!). If I don't pay it or take out another loan to cover it I cannot graduate, cannot take State board exam, cannot get a job etc. Told this was because my mom didn't get a parent plus loan but the school already knew she wouldn't qualify at the beginning because of a prior bankruptcy. They had me sign a document today before telling me it had to do with my loan and that I owed more money. Feel like this is a scan since they have been doing this to all the students just before they graduate.....what is my legal recourse and how can I make sure this practice is stopped by the school? I do not feel obligated to pay more than my original student loan amount since it has been 7 months since I started school and this issue is just now cropping up.

There is nothing you can do, but bend over and take it.
What you call a scam, doesn't mean its a scam.
So, pay the $900 and take your boards (passing isn't guaranteed - is that a scam, too?), and move on with your life.
Otherwise, report the SCAM to the police, the governor, Obama, the FBI, or the state agency that regulates proprietary schools, and you still won't graduate, pass go, or be allowed to sit for the licensing exam.

Get used to it, life is one big scam.

Thanks for the NON-information.....I suppose it is okay for this school to keep scamming the GOVERNMENT, the people who pay taxes, etc......Where did YOU get YOUR law degree? Off the internet?
'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back