Education situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

midwest

Hi! I live in Minnesota. I'm not sure how to handle this but I was told perhaps try and get some advice. I'm in college and serve on the student government. The current President of our government has done a lot of degrading of current and past senators, and has done so to me, but with a much harsher personal touch (as seen in online logs). She has also bad mouthed (verbally and as seen on paper) members of the student body.

After she went off the deep end and layed on the personal attacks towards me (this happened at the end of this last semester) I've faced a very hight amount of stress and anxiety as a result of her actions, as well as thinking of how this upcoming semester will be as we're both on the executive board. Even seeing her car randomly over the summer gets me in a panic like mode. I'm actually going to speak with a professional about it ,and they'll be able to provide documentation I'm sure. I've brought in our advisor as a mediator, and our President has refused to acknowledge me or show any interest of resolving anything. I've also spoke with one of our Deans. I was told our by laws will not allow administration the right to do anything. I find this disheartening as Administration/Deans/President run the campus. I see it as the school not providing me with a safe, secure and successful environment to learn in.

Personally I do not believe I should step down as she has initiated and driven a huge wedge into everything, yet if it comes down to sacrificing my position so that the student body is not led by somebody two faced with an imperious attitude, than I will. In the end since she's going against everything the government stands, and the college does not seem to want to assist in providing me with the environment they're obligated to provide, so is there any specific lawyer that could assist me? Thanks!

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. This sounds more like an issue of leverage than pure law. Perhaps you should file a formal complaint and hopefully find others who will support you with the same. This will force someone in the administration to do something otherwise they may see this as infighting amongst the youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back