Ed Magedson vs. responsible action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swanflies

There have been so many inaccuracies and misportrayals of Federated that it is hard to know where to begin addressing the tales. Since coming accross all of this rhetoric about Federated I have done some independent research and wish to share my findings.

Some people have asked me why I 'have it in' for this guy, Ed. I don't, it is nothing personal. I don't know him personally. Neither do I know the owners of Federated or Hy-Cite or any of the other companies Ed has targeted for his scam.

I just don't like what he is doing. I feel it is important for people to stand up and not allow self-styled journalists to lie to them, or consumer watch groups (or individuals) to profit from making false claims.

My big concern is that one person is allowed to post libelous statements with impunity.Where is the freedom in that? It makes us all prisoners of a disgruntled boyfriend,ex-wife, employee or whoever to ruin a person's life or destroy a legitimate business. There are rules for the printed media and they should extend to the internet press as well.

The problem with Ed's site is that there is no way to truly address issues the complaintants have. Most business owners are anxious to right any percieved or actual wrongs. In the case of Ed requiring the business owners to pay for the right to rebut the complaint is just plain wrong.

The other problem is that since Ed posts evrything annonymously, there is no way for the business to know if it is a legitimate complaint, neither is there a way for the business owner to address the person's issue and resolve the problem. And Ed will not cooperate in that regard, as, again, he requires a fee to himself as a condition of the owner addressing consumer complaints.

beiconline.com/index.htm
www.bbbonline.org/cks.asp?ID=633000132
www.federatedfinancial.biz
www.federated-financial.com
www.federated-financial.tv

I have seen copies of the letters Ed has sent people who wish to resolve a complaint. He requires a minimum of $5,000 and then a monthly fee. you can see the documents for yourself on http://www.rip-off-bad-business.com/
Federated has the original copy they would be happy to share. a recent news cast also showed the same type of correspondence from Magedson to another company and there are complaints from others as well. See the Fox news broadcast. http://www.beiconline.com/index.htm

Federated has served thousands of clients yet the only place you find complaints about their service is on Ripoffreport. They have helped many, many people through a tough time in their lives with assistance from certified professionals. Federated is ISO certified. That means they have gone through a tough process of internal audits, uniform quality standards metrics and fulfilling requirements for ongoing training of staff and self monitoring of quality standards. In addition, the monitoring entity conducts its own assessment at least annualy if not semi-annually.

If there were any truth to the claims of imporopriety they would have lost their designation long ago.

In addition, Federated is a member in good standing with the BBB. Personally, I don't see much value in the BBB, but many people feel it is one more measure of a reputable company. What the critics don't say, is that there are actually TWO BBB's to belong to.

One is the regular BBB there in that area. The other is the BBB ONLINE. Since he was not made aware of the difference between the two, he was using the BBB logo on his web site much as others use the logo on stationery as status of a reputable business. As soon as he was informed of the difference he, being an ethical business person, removed the logo from the site. However, one call call confirm that Federated is indeed a business in good standing.Or go to the BBB Web site where it verifies this fact. www.bbbonline.org/profile.asp?ID=633000132

If it weren't for the fact that having to go to a service like Federated's is embarassing for some people, more people would testimonials FOR them.

I hope this will help the blind followers of Ed to see more clearly. Instead of imitating the Enquirer, these people who consider themselves journalists should do some checking around before they go maligning others without just cause. Get your facts straight. you go messing around on other people and pretty soon you'll have stink on you.

Oh, no, Miller is HERE, too?!!

I am now taking control of what you read for a very brief moment...

It's "Up jumped the Devil" all over the place defending Steve Miller's mighty empire or allegedly scammy debt counseling business.

"Federated has served thousands of clients yet the only place you find complaints about their service is on Ripoffreport."
:confused: Really? And a few court dockets, aye?

Since he [Ed] was not made aware of the difference between the two, he [Ed] was using the BBB logo on his web site much as others use the logo on stationery as status of a reputable business. As soon as he was informed of the difference he, being an ethical business person, removed the logo from the site."
:D Good for Ed; he is more ethical than Miller who continues to sport the COPYRIGHTED banner from Rip-off Report on his own smear site.

Poor Steve Miller. Unlike the Man Without a Country, he seems to be the Man Without a Life! He hacks and he hacks, but he cannot blow the Rip-off Report house down. :p Mother Nature has blown Miller's disgusting site down a couple of times of late, though.

....I now return you to your regularly scheduled life, unless you are poor Miller who lacks such a thing. Poor baby. Maybe you are the one spreading the stink all over?

Karl Kess(ner), you come to a legal forum to post glowing reviews of your illegal hacking activities?

William Stanley is a convicted spammer and has been banned from many hosts, yet you trumpet your association with him? Anyone giving their email address to Stanley will be spammed mercilessly so I hope no one goes to any of these links.

My mother once told me that there were more people in the world with limited reasoning and cognitive skills than I realized. I assume that she was talking about you.

Rip Off Report is no different than e-opinion.com. Opinions are not defamation. There are alot of companies on rip off report that belong on there. Rip off report allows companies to post a rebuttal if they feel the complaint is not a valid one.

Spamalamadingdong removed. :) BTW, I've given you guys some leeway to remove these jokers as well.

I've got a meeting to discuss a group in NYC that are notorious for hiring foreign help to spam forums all day and night for piddling amounts of cash...

Spamalamadingdong removed. :) BTW, I've given you guys some leeway to remove these jokers as well.

I've got a meeting to discuss a group in NYC that are notorious for hiring foreign help to spam forums all day and night for piddling amounts of cash...

How do I remove spam?

Communication Decency

These are very disturbing issues. The freedom of speech allows for hate speak and lies and we must embrace it as if it were the truth and a benevolent act. The RIPOFFREPORT is a bathroom stall that promotes the writing in permanent ink the musings of a disgruntled person. The subject of that musing responds with permanent ink and the thread continues out side into the public. Because of the internet and Google it will always be there for anyone to read.

Our founding fathers spoke out against tyranny and it was dubbed sedition by mother England. Had England won sedition would be the word for freedom of speech.

No one doubts there are a percentage of overt lies on the RIPOFFREPORT and the RICO suits suggest these posts may be created by Mr. Magedson or agents as a way to draw attention to his enemies or as the cases alleges, extort money from companies.

It appears Defamation Action League is a protest group that goes after ISPs and related vendors to strongly suggest that doing business with the likes of RIPOFFREPORT may not be a wise business decision.

Keeping in line with the aforementioned founding founders, the Boston Tea Party was a protest conducted by patriots in the guise of Native American to protect their privacy. Had England won these patriots would have been terrorist and not protestors. Today the memory of what they did is revered because England did not win.

From a distance the likes of Defamation Action League exists because someone started writing in the bathroom stall and it is offensive to someone. The ISP terms and conditions have clear parameters that seem to give wide latitude to kicking violators of the rules out of service, banning them from the bathroom if you will.

It has been acknowledged that a percentage of RIPOFFREPORT posts are wrong or made up by competitors, revenge seekers or even Mr. Magedson himself. The amount of the percentage is unknown but clearly it effects the lives of people and businesses. If this was a business capital punishment issue where the death of a company depended on the judgments of a website or man that may have an agenda of his own, I would choose to ban capital punishment. That ban would be the criminal or civil charges for the filing of inaccurate information with a malicious intent regardless of whether you are the poster or the ISP getaway driver.

So now consumers who deserve to know the truth can't believe anything because the information pool has been polluted by the writings in the bathroom stall by both parties.
Why is one of these gentlemen, Bill Stanley or Ed Magedson worst than the other or better than the other and will it be a court decision that tells us who will be a seditionist or patriot?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back