eBay Seller Not Happy with Auction Price says, "thanks for trying"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiDave

Dear Legal Experts and Law Junkies,

I recently won an auction on eBay. The final auction price was significantly less than the "market" value. The auction was bid on by two other people and was seen by 44 people. The price it received was the "eBay" value.

After winning the auction, I sent the seller an e-mail asking about pick up and payment. He promptly responded to let me know that the item's retail value was much greater than the winning bid and "thanks for trying." Translation: I'm not selling you my item for that price.

What legal recourse do I have? This item's value is in excess of $5000, so I don't think I can file in small claims court. Also, he is in Florida and I am in Illinois. What do I need to do to get a court to enforce the auction agreement/contract?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Duplicate of http://www.thelaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15220

See my answer there :)

Posting in multiple places means responders may not be aware of other responses, and woudl then be less likely to be able to collectivly assist you.

Mods, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds pointing this out.

I apologize for posting in multiple places. I was not sure what the correct subject was for this post. Mods, please feel free to delete that post that you deem to be miscategorized.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back