ebay scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

pturrill

:mad: I was just scammed by what looked like a legitimate second chance deal through ebay. I wired $700 to the UK and now have found out that he gave me a bogus name and address. He was very slick. What can I do now?

pturrill said:
:mad: I was just scammed by what looked like a legitimate second chance deal through ebay. I wired $700 to the UK and now have found out that he gave me a bogus name and address. He was very slick. What can I do now?
I am truly sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. :( There are numerous ebay threads here where you can find tips on how to deal with this problem. Unfortunately this is extremely difficult to deal with.

Perhaps the best advice anyone can give you here is for the future -- NEVER wire money unless you know and trust the recipient is and there is a bank account to wire the money. NEVER EVER wire money using E-Bay -- many people would consider this to be a de facto admission that they are going to defraud you. Be fortunate it's only $700 that you may never see -- many here have lost far more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back