ebay fraud, five other victims and me lost USD7K to USD15K each

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackykl2005

I paid USD10,600- to an ebay seller in New York to try to buy a luxury watch but received none. ebay said it was due to hijacking or hacking of the seller account by an unauthorised person. there are totally four buyers who was defrauded by this seller. and I spotted about 10 sellers who have been hijacked on ebay. I have found and contacted 5 victims who paid USD7K to USD15K each to try to buy luxury watches on ebay not received none.
ebay never warned of 'hijacking risk', even the sellers had very good track records and positive feedbacks but their accounts had been hacked by third parties so how could buyers like me avoid it. ebay had not provided adequate protections for buyers against this risk. Can a class action with other five victims be taken against ebay?:mad:

Dont hold your breath dealing with Ebay - if you paid for this stuff through Paypal try them first - but you have to file a complaint within 30 days and even then Paypal will likely tell you well gee, sorry !

Unfortunately, fighting ebay is probably a lost cause. If you paid via paypal or by a credit card you can try by filing with paypal or calling your credit card co. and filing a report.

What was the method of payment you used for the item? Also the other sellers. Have you contacted ebay, and what was their response?

old post

Unfortunately, fighting ebay is probably a lost cause. If you paid via paypal or by a credit card you can try by filing with paypal or calling your credit card co. and filing a report.

What alot of people dont realize is that by paying through paypal you are NOT able to go to the CC company you used and dispute anything. The CC states that they will only dispute if the place you paid promised something and didnt deliver - but Paypal is who you paid and they didnt promise you ANYTHING ! So they are the third party and good luck dealing with those idiots. Bottom line here - Ebay and Paypal are one and the same and neither one cares one HOOT about online safety or your money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back