eBay buyer - what if I change my mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjmurray

Hello All,

I won an eBay auction for a car valued at $28,000. The seller required a deposit of $500 within 24 hours which I sent to him via PayPal as soon as the auction ended. I have 7 days to pay for the item in full.

However, I have since changed my mind and no longer wish to purchase the car. I notified the seller of my decision two days after the auction and told him he could keep the $500 deposit for the trouble and eBay fees.

He is now threatening to have the car delivered to me (800 miles away) and suing me for the cost of the car, the shipping, and court costs.

What am I legally liable for in this situation? I thought he would be happy to take the $500 and just re-list the car.

Thanks,
Sam

He is now threatening to have the car delivered to me (800 miles away) and suing me for the cost of the car, the shipping, and court costs.

He can't cause himself more damages then sue you for it.

Tell him to bite rocks.

If the seller actually want to deliver the car to you and then go through the trouble of suing you, then let him do it. I would refuse delivery of it (of course) but personally he should just take the 500.00 (which he is entitled to) and re-list the car. You probably will get some negative feedback, you just cannot decide to change your mind. I would be really hesitant to buy a car over the internet anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back