Easement and problem with city

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry222

I live in a house with a huge ditch about 35-40ft across 10ft deep behind my fence which sits exactly on the easement line. This ditch runs behind about 12 houses and beyond my street. I have lived there for about 36 years. Over that time, "from the easement, ditch" into "my property", the dirt has eroded beyond the fence and in the corner of my yard next to where the ditch is, is a huge hole in the ground about 4ft wide and about 2ft deep. I am wanting to put a wooden fence up in place of a chain-link one, but this problem must be corrected 1st. I called the city, Jacksonville, Florida, and they sent somebody out to look at the property. They left a note on my door stating a complete "Lie". It said the city is liable for nothing and that the erosion started from my yard and went out from there into the ditch. This is 100% Impossible. He flat out Lied to me. The erosion came from the ditch into my property. The city is supposed to be responsible for the easement. So why did they lie, and how can I force them to build the ditch up and to fill in the large hole in my yard which they are responsible for?
Their easement is directly effecting my property.
I live in Jacksonville, Florida.
Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back