Consumer Law, Warranties Durable POA

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowelois

Hi, about 2 years ago my eldest sister appointed her daughter as her agent of POA in order to get a house out of probate after my sisters husband passed away. The reason she did so, was because she is completely disabled and has filed for Medicare/Medicaid and was told she could not own anything in her name. My sister also settled with Workmens Comp a very large claim for a diabling work injury. Since her daughter has POA, the monies from the sale of the home and the settlement are gone. Her daughter has cashed in Cd's, and spent the money buying a house, paying her personal bills, buying furniture, and upkeep on the house.

My sister has multiple health problems and because the money is gone, she could/would not see a doctor because of finances and now she lies in critical condition with a tracheotomy and her daughter has basically told the doctors to issue a DNR.

We believe this POA is not valid because, we are certain that my sister being completely disabled, that her signature was not witnessed and she told me that when she signed it, she was woken up from a nap. My question is, can my niece have a POA and a Medical POA combined if her mother was not aware of it, and how do we go about getting it revoked because her daughter is not acting responsibly on her mothers behalf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back