Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Dui

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopinthewoods

I was arrested for DUI, MIP, Open Container, and having unsafe tires. The officer gave me a field sobriety test and I didn't pass. I asked to talk to my lawyer before I blew and was told that if I did I would have to spend an additional 30 days in jail on top of my other charges. Was he lying? If so could I get my DUI dropped. My car was towed and the guy at the shop told me my tires were fine. Also I was drinking liquor not beer that night and the cop found an old empty beer can in the woods by my truck and charged me with MIP and open container. Can he do any of these things? Will I get my charges dropped? I have a meeting with a lawyer this coming Friday, he made it seem like I could get all charges dropped but I am not sure if he just wants my money. I lost my job after missing days for being in jail and I cant afford to give a lawyer all my saving for no reason.

You definitely need a lawyer to help you get the best outcome possible.

The DUI is a problem. The rest is petty.
You will need something more to beat the DUI. Hopefully a good attorney can help minimize the damage, but don't expect to beat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back