Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI in tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaHaw13

Last night while out partying, my step sister and i were pulled over. The officer had no cause to pull us over but, we live in a college town and it was the first thursday night back. I was driving my car, when this happend and my step sister was in the passenger side. She was hammered. The officer ask me if i had been drinking, and being taught to always tell the truth i had told him yes. To make a long story short, i was issued a DUI. I talked with my lawyer today, and he told me that the things that i did wrong were to admit my drinking of the night, and i took one of the subrity test that he ask me to take. I was told by my lawyer that i should have not answered any questions, or performed any test, and that i would have told him that i wanted to talk with my lawyer. As it is, iam going to end up about $1800 in the hole and be with out a DL for 4 months. let this be a lesson not only for me but for every one else too.

From my understanding, the police have a right to set up roadblocks for random stops to determine the presence of alcohol. With regard to the DUI, I'm not sure how you could be convicted for DUI if you had passed the DUI. If you didn't...

I do think it's a good idea to tell the truth although breaking the law isn't a good idea, especially not drinking and driving. It's one of the easiest laws to break and the one with the greatest consequences. I hope things work out for you and am glad that at least the consequences here are small in the grand scheme of things. Thanks for sharing your experience here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back