Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI in illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.

yy1091

Okay this is how it went, so we were driving down the street and i had a busted tail light and was kinda high from earlier the day and got pulled over by the police for apparently nothing. I got my insurance and everything ready and as soon as the cop came he started saying i was under the influence. Then he started talking to my friends saying they had the munchies and soon after that he told me to get out of the car and that im getting arrested for dui. then they searched the car and found 2 grams of bud , they did not ask to search the car and thats it. i always thought u had to be asked permission to have the car searched or have good cause. the cop said he smelled cannibus but there was no way the car smelled at all he was just assuming. so in the end i got charged with a dui , broken tail light, more then 2 people in the car, no drivers license on person (but i was driving on a ticket) , possesion of smoking material , possesion of marijuana, rear registration light out, all those tickets and i think they cops just were getting at anything they could. they also suspended my license for 6 months

I just want to know if they were allowed to search the car and if i had anything in court to fight and if not then what am i facing in fines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back