Dui hit and run car theft.

I might have some good news for you, OP.

In a few no-fault states -- District of Columbia, Florida, Hawaii, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, and Utah -- injured drivers can to make a no-fault claim with their own insurer.

I overlooked your state, Kansas.

Read this, mate:

What is No Fault Insurance and How Does a Claim Work? - AllLaw.com

Does your insurer cover you in the event of a "hit and run" collision?

Read on, curious OP:

Liability in Drunk Driving Crashes and DUI Arrests

How to make a car insurance claim for a hit-and-run accident

Oh snap, mate, you said you only have liability coverage, right?

But, but, but, just maybe, hold your mules, check this out:

https://ag.ks.gov/docs/default-source/publications/crime-victims-compensation-brochure.pdf?sfvrsn=14

It's worth a shot mate.
Thankyou in advance, I will start digesting the resources you posted.

YOU tell me. How is the perpetrator going to jail going to get you reimbursed for the damage to your vehicle?
I honestly want my car fixed at the expense of the perpetrator/owner operator of the vehicle, or the expense of his insurance. If he goes to jail that's his own cause and effect that landed him there.

Which will not help you one bit.
I disagree and at the same time it doesn't hurt me or my feelings if he does. Maybe instead of lying and hiding from a horrible decision he should step up and do the honest thing and allow everyone to move forward fairly. If he has consequences then in no way shape or form would I need to feel any remorse or empathy. After he is exposed for lying to the police and the insurance company I don't care what he wants to use as defense. He can say he wasn't drunk and even if he was able to argue that, all facts will still show he was driving. So if he goes to jail or is brought to justice not helping me, I disagree. If he goes to jail because he wants to break laws and leave me or others victim to his wrong doings then it is beneficial to me and society.

Last edited:
Back