Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI Dui Below Legal Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

plockmesh

I was at a bar the ither night and had 3 beers. I then went to a freinds house and sat there for about an hour and a half. Then left and started driving home not even thinking about the 3 drinks i had earlier. I was pulled over and trhe officer gave me sobriety tests then arrested me for dui even though i was below the legal limit. The machine registered at .07. he said i failed 2 of 3 sobriety tests. what are my odds of winning a jury trial in this situation? i honestly didnt feel any effects from the 3 drinks earlier.

plockmesh said:
I was at a bar the ither night and had 3 beers. I then went to a freinds house and sat there for about an hour and a half. Then left and started driving home not even thinking about the 3 drinks i had earlier. I was pulled over and trhe officer gave me sobriety tests then arrested me for dui even though i was below the legal limit. The machine registered at .07. he said i failed 2 of 3 sobriety tests. what are my odds of winning a jury trial in this situation? i honestly didnt feel any effects from the 3 drinks earlier.
I can't say what the odds are and neither can anyone else. I'm sorry that you are in this predicament but I can guarantee that your chances of losing will be increased if you tell the judge that you "didn't feel drunk." It's the worst excuse you can give because you are responsible to ensure that you are below the limit before driving and not guessing. Most people who are drunk say they don't feel it -- but does that excuse their behavior if, in reality, there is an effect on their performance regardless of what they think they feel? I don't know why they arrested you if you say you didn't fail the tests -- what were the other 2 that the officer claimed you failed?

Get an attorney who specializes in DUI. I think that would serve you best and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back