Criminal Law DUI and Naturalization

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsokyno

I've lived here for 11 years. I've been a legal permanent resident for a little over 5 years(12/11/05). I have a Bachelor degree in Econ and a Master in Computer Science specializing in software engineering. I'm also V P of operaions for a reputable company. I've worked for this same company for almost 10yrs.
I want to file for naturalization but what are my chances for it to be granted.

In 2003, I was arrested for DUI in Indiana but underwent deferral from 10/03 to 10/04. In Sept. 2005 I was arrested for DUI in Illinois and currently undergoing court supervision until Oct. 2006. I only was ordered to do alcohol assessment and did a victim impact panel(MADD). Will my naturalization be denied? Or could I be deported? Should I even consider filing? I love this country and would prefer it if I were a citizen. Please a help this confused resident. Thanks for your pieces of advice.

A single DUI is not a CIMT, no impact on your "good moral character"..... You should be concerned with getting a nice suit for your naturalization ceremony and making sure you get there on time! :)
This is no legal advice, I'm not an attorney.

Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back