Alcohol & Drugs: DUI, DWI DUI and 3 year suspension of license in California but live in NYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mellowmeli

In 2009 in was arrested for a DUI in California. Shortly afterwards (8/2009), I moved to NY State. The DMV in California required me to file a SR-22 but NY did not require this. So, my license was suspended for a total of 3 years which I was told by California DMV that if I could show proof of financial responsibility they would lift the suspension.

The problem was, NY State insurance companies would not insure me with any type of insurance especially since my license remains in suspension status and again NYS does not have SR-22 filing.

So, California DMV now states that in July 2013, my 3-year suspension will be over. So I guess my question is, what happens after the suspension?Do they return or mail my Driver's license which was confiscated at the time of my arrest? My driver's license also expires 9/18/2013.

Why don't you call the Ca. DMV & ask them what happens after the suspension is over - what do you need to do to get your license back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back