Naturalization, Citizenship Duel Citizenship problems .............

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyBee

I was born in France to French parents ........... a French citizen by birth. I was later adopted by Americans and became a naturalized US citizen. All this back in the 1950's. I want to visit my French family in France as a citizen so I can stay more than 90 days (per visa). I have tried to talk to people at the French consulate and get nothing..... I asked them what paperwork I need to make this happen .................. ZERO.
Can anyone here offer some ideas or solutions ?
Thanx !!!!

I was born in France to French parents ........... a French citizen by birth. I was later adopted by Americans and became a naturalized US citizen. All this back in the 1950's. I want to visit my French family in France as a citizen so I can stay more than 90 days (per visa). I have tried to talk to people at the French consulate and get nothing..... I asked them what paperwork I need to make this happen .................. ZERO.
Can anyone here offer some ideas or solutions ?
Thanx !!!!

You need PROOF of your birth in France.

I suggest you seek a French birth certificate.

With that, take it and your adoption papers to a French Consulate or Embassy.

It is possible you were lied to about your birth.

But, get proof and you get what you wish.

I should say .... I went back to France last year, met my birth mother and siblings. I have an out of date French passport , adoption papers and a French birth certificate......
do I need more ?

the only reason I asked them for specific paperwork was to not have to make several 4 hour trips back and forth to the consulate.... I never have received a "how do you do " or anything from them.........

apparently helping people is not "consulate" work.

thanks army judge

You need PROOF of your birth in France.

I suggest you seek a French birth certificate.

With that, take it and your adoption papers to a French Consulate or Embassy.

It is possible you were lied to about your birth.

But, get proof and you get what you wish.

I should say .... I went back to France last year, met my birth mother and siblings. I have an out of date French passport , adoption papers and a French birth certificate......
do I need more ?

the only reason I asked them for specific paperwork was to not have to make several 4 hour trips back and forth to the consulate.... I never have received a "how do you do " or anything from them.........

thanks army judge

do I need more ?

thanks army judge

I see you posted your last question 3 different times on 3 different days apparently since you have not received a reply. Hopefully someone will come along shortly who can answer your question. I guess you could always run it by an immigration attorney. I'm not an expert in immigration law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back