1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Duel Citizenship problems ............. Naturalization, Citizenship

Discussion in 'Green Card, Residency, Naturalization' started by TommyBee, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TommyBee

TommyBee Law Topic Starter New Member

I was born in France to French parents ........... a French citizen by birth. I was later adopted by Americans and became a naturalized US citizen. All this back in the 1950's. I want to visit my French family in France as a citizen so I can stay more than 90 days (per visa). I have tried to talk to people at the French consulate and get nothing..... I asked them what paperwork I need to make this happen .................. ZERO.
    Can anyone here offer some ideas or solutions ?
    Thanx !!!!

2. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You need PROOF of your birth in France.

I suggest you seek a French birth certificate.

With that, take it and your adoption papers to a French Consulate or Embassy.

It is possible you were lied to about your birth.

But, get proof and you get what you wish.

3. TommyBee

I should say .... I went back to France last year, met my birth mother and siblings. I have an out of date French passport , adoption papers and a French birth certificate......
    do I need more ?

the only reason I asked them for specific paperwork was to not have to make several 4 hour trips back and forth to the consulate.... I never have received a "how do you do " or anything from them.........

apparently helping people is not "consulate" work.

thanks army judge

4. TommyBee

I should say .... I went back to France last year, met my birth mother and siblings. I have an out of date French passport , adoption papers and a French birth certificate......
    do I need more ?

the only reason I asked them for specific paperwork was to not have to make several 4 hour trips back and forth to the consulate.... I never have received a "how do you do " or anything from them.........

thanks army judge

5. TommyBee

do I need more ?

thanks army judge

6. Betty3

Betty3 Super Moderator

I see you posted your last question 3 different times on 3 different days apparently since you have not received a reply. Hopefully someone will come along shortly who can answer your question. I guess you could always run it by an immigration attorney. I'm not an expert in immigration law.