Due process violations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott717

My wife has been dragged into court on numerous occasions by her x-husband for various outrageous reasons, but it always works out for him because the judge is old friends with the X's parents. Every time they go to court, her X's lawyer gets to say what she came to say, but then my wife and her lawyer are shut down without getting to provide testimony or evidence. This has happened at least 5 times with this judge. I am currently awaiting the forms to file formal grievances on this judge to the WV state bar association judicial committee to review. There are also court DVD's of these trips to court. My questions are: Are there any other steps I can take to have this judge's rulings looked into? Does the fact that my wife did not get to defend herself in these hearings violate any civil liberties or civil rights dealing with due process by the courts? At one point, in the most recent trip to court, the judge said "There's no evidence against you, but I think you knew anyway and I'm ordering you to pay" My wife had proof that this trip to court was ridiculous and had no merit whatsoever, but was not allowed to present it. It's just wrong! My wife is a school teacher and her x-husband is an executive at a local hospital. He has more income and apparently thinks it is fun to drag my wife back to court over anything he can dream up because he knows he will win with this judge.

My wife also knows of 2 other women who went through this particular judge's court room and he did the same thing to them. That lady's x-husband and his lawyers got to say what they came to say, but she and her lawyer were denied. This appears to be a trend with this judge and I would love to see him disbarred for the way he runs his court room. Once I get copies of the court DVD's I am going to some people I know at local news channels and newspapers to see if they would be interested in this story. My wife's lawyer says that in the thousands of civil cases she has witnessed, she has NEVER seen anything like this with any other judge. Once I get the court DVD's I am considering trying to sue the state and hopefully lose this judge his job/license to practice law. From what I understand, this is a clear violation of due process by law. What are we within our rights to do here?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Scott.

No takers on this one?

Well, I did a little more research and found that what the judge did was a clear violation of our 14th ammendment right to due process by law. Now we are thinking of trying to sue the state and firing that judge would be 1 of my settlement terms:dgrin. People like that really should not be in control of anyone's future. Any advice on sueing a state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back