Drug testing while on Diversion Program for petty theft?

mavikartil

Jurisdiction
Minnesota
I have a question regarding drug testing while in a diversion program/unsupervised probation. I (unintentionally, but that's not the point) "stole" $24 worth of gas using a company card. I was sentenced to a diversion program, does this also include unsupervised probation and will I be drug tested? The terms I see on my paper are 16 hours community service, paying a restitution, and 6 months remaining law abiding, I'm just wondering if I'll ever be drug tested during these 6 months since it was my first offense and not a drug related crime.

Logic tells me that you would be subject to random drug testing and it would be perfectly legal.

If you are concerned about this because you do drugs, or intend to do drugs, I suggest stop or don't start. Simple, right?

You need to stay away from drugs & you will not have to worry whether you will or will not be drug tested.

From what you say it does not appear you are subject to testing.
The terms you must abide by were either explained in court or in writing. If there is no mention of an obligation to submit to testing then an obligation does not exist and you can always refuse.
That said, one of the terms says to remain law abiding, so if you were to get busted for a fresh drug offense by other means you'd be in violation that way.

Back