Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Drug Paraphenalia charge from '94

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmsf64

Can someone please help me....
I have a drug paraphenalia charge that just came back to haunt me from 12/94.
It showed up on a criminal background check (I am a Nurse).It preventing me from working now.
I just paid the "bail"-$250.00. I am to call tomorrow for a court date.
This happened in Union City, NJ.
What can I expect? I am REALLY scared.
What are the possible outcomes?
What should I say or not say?
How can I stop this from affecting my ability to work?
I had never been in trouble like that before or since. I have a young child, and have been working streadily since 2000. Previous to that I was at home with the baby and went back to school.
HELP!!!

Hmm. I know that there is a way to pretty much buy non-felony accounts off of your record, you may want to call around the court and see how that process actually works for you.

Paraphenalia isn't a huge charge, I would talk to a lawyer for atleast a consultation session, due to the length of time its been since that charge you may be able to find a few nice beaurocratic loop holes.

that seems insane. was paraphenalia a class c misdemeanor in Maryland back in 1994?
what happened/what did you have to do when the charge was first brought?
how old are you and how old were you at the time of the charges?

best,
allison:eek:

Seeing as how this is so old, and you are a productive member of society, offer the State Attorney a plea deal which will include "withholding adjudication", which means that it will not go on your record. you'll take a slap on the wrist, maybe a fine with 6-9 months probation, maybe a few drug classes, but all in all, you should come out of this unscathed.

I don't know what kind of misdemeanor it was back then. It was NJ too.
I was 34 at the time. I wasafraid so I didn't follow up with it. I also was financially unsound and didn't have money for fines. I just paid $250.00 which was considered bail. I do now have a court date for 7/2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back