Drug Crimes, Substance Abuse Drug offender registration

Makonmtz

Jurisdiction
Kansas
I was convicted of conspiracy to distribute cocaine in 2010, and was never told I had to register as drug offender, nor was it in my journal entry....in 2011 there was a law passed saying you had to register for said crime..I completed my probation on it got into some more trouble and got a prison sanction in 2013, before my release I was told I had to register for my case from 2010 for 15 years, is this legal for the state of Kansas to do

is this legal for the state of Kansas to do

If that is what you were told, you might wish to do it.
After you have done it, you would be better placed to challenge it.

It is, however, the law in your state and many others.

I'm already doing it but what bout ex pos facto, is what I'm questioning, and the fact that you not supposed to be grandfathered into anything that doesn't benefit you...jw

I'm already doing it but what bout ex pos facto, is what I'm questioning, and the fact that you not supposed to be grandfathered into anything that doesn't benefit you...jw

Sorry, mate, you've got that twisted.

But, even if it weren't, when all is said and done; the state will prove they dotted every "i", and crossed every "t".

Buddy, they gotcha, so do what most of us do, play the game.

We do and say whatever we're told just to get them to take that troop of snarling, fighting monkeys and Harrambe's rotting corpse off of our backs and out of our lives.

Back