drug dealers loittering in front of my home

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISSVIRGO

I live in a corner house where several groups of people (I do not know) are loittering, selling & doing drugs, throwing trash in my yard & vandalizing the property. I have called police but this has been an ongoing problem at that intersection since long before I was born, when police finally arrive they simply use the bull horn and say "everybody go home." They all leave for 10 or 20 minutes then come back. Some drive up, park and get out as if they live here and just stand out front on the corner. Some just drive up stop in the middle of the street and purchase drugs, some even stand there and smoke them! They are loud all hours of the day and night, there are several shootings per month.

Is there really anything I can do?

I have:
- rebuilt the fence around my property.
-purchased a large dog for the yard.
-posted signs on fence such as:
--NO TRESPASSING
--KEEP OUT
--BEWARE OF DOG
--NO LOITTERING
-added more security lights
-call police almost daily
-notified owner
-took pictures and video of drug transactions
PLEASE HELP I'M AT MY WITTS END

I have called police but this has been an ongoing problem at that intersection since long before I was born
And now you expect it to all of a sudden vanish?

Is there really anything I can do?
Move.

If you are unable to move, my only other suggestion would be to enlist the help of other people in your community that are in the same predicament as you. If the homeowners can make their presence known and make the area uncomfortable for the persons involved with the drug sales, then perhaps they will leave. Persistance will be your greatest weapon.

Well thanks for your input, I think! I didn't know the reputation of the neighborhood (I am new to town) until after I moved in and people explained to me the history of the property. Thanks

One suggestion provided by a landlord on another list who had folks loitering on their property was a fairly powerful lawn sprinkler aimed at the area these folks hung out at.

Gail

Just today I woke up to my front fence being torn down by workers sent by the property owner so now I dont even have the protection of the fence and they're practically standing in my front yard as if they live here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back