Driving under suspension

Status
Not open for further replies.

coloradoguy

Last December I had recieved an M.I.P, I was 20 at the time. After going to court and paying my fines I had recieved a letter from the DMV, however it went to my old apartment. Not being able to drive there and get it I had asked my landlord what it said, and he told me that my license had been suspended for 3 months or untill I have completed 24 hours of community service. Okay I thought, all though I worked 45 minutes away, me and my friend who lived in apartments next to eachother both held the same job, and we always just car pooled, so it didn't seem to matter. Well one day he had off, and I couldn't drive to work, causing me to lose my job the next day, as I was not allowed to drive anyway. After my job was lost right away I did my 24 hours of community service, it took me about 2 weeks. on April 20th on my way to a job interview I was pulled over, and the cop told me my license had not been reinstated, and I went to jail for the weekend. During court a few weeks later, I met with the DA, he told me that they were going to lower my charge so I wouldn't have to go to jail and I should get my license back, I also showed him my current license, as between the time of me being arrested and court I got it reinstated. I pleaded guilty to the lower charge, and I was glad I got to keep my license. Well about three weeks after court I was pulled over by a cop because "A cop buddy of his says I didn't have a license." That's not true I said and handed him my license, he came back and arrested me because my license had been suspended for a year 2 days ago apparently, although I never got a letter informing me of it, and my adress was changed to my new apartment so I didn't see why I never got a letter. Now i'm facing 3 years without a license, And I have lost my job, my apartment, and my car, just because I never got my license reinstated in the first place. Also while looking at the adress on my license the DMV had made a mistake while making it. My adress was 1527 filmore, and on my license they had it as 527 filmore. So that might explain what happened to the letter. Also, can a cop pull me over just because a cop buddy of his told him I don't have a license, As i drive a very distinct car which is an Orange Mustang.

Please help me.

Sincerely,

Guy who lost everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back