Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Dr. Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsonjj

This post may appear twice as I just put it on and not sure where it went. A Dr. just called a friend of mine and told him he could not see her anymore because of a letter from the DEA for Dr. shopping. I believe that is what the letter said anyway. She was vague on his voice mail. It actually happened to me personally a few years ago and nothing ever came of it. Is it true someone has to tip off the DEA, either a Dr. or a pharmacy to initiate this type of thing? From what I understand there is so much going on in California the authorities usually don't do anything about it but cut you off. Does anyone know anymore about this in the state of California? The crazy part is this guy was actually getting the pills to help wean two friends off of narcotics and benzos so the pills weren't actually for him. He was doing it to help them because they had already been cut off. He didn't think he was getting that many and only from a couple of Dr's so this is kind of surprising. I thought the problem had to be worse than this. My problem was much worse when I was doing it.

I only asked the question if a Dr. or pharmacy has to tip the DEA off on this. I forgot to ask if some legal action can be taken against him. If so, will the police just show up on his door step? As I mentioned, I did the same things a few years ago and was much worse than him and nothing ever happened other than I was cut off by Dr's and pharmacies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back