don't have a lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

jarred

So ive been living in this place for past 3 years. Last years it was foreclose. The new people haven't giving us a lease or fix any of are problems that we have i told them intell they fix i will not pay so they gave me a 3 day quit or pay any help

Then that's your problem. Not all states permit rent withhold an those that do have criteria that must be met first!! You need to pay rent or face eviction. Lack of repairs wont help you

the AC doesn't work I have to ceiling fans That broke my sink is leaking and falling apart my toilet won't stop running my dishwasher doesn't work my refrigerator leaksand since they have taken over the property the grass doesn't get cut

You are still bound by th terms of your old lease. The new owner did not have to get you to sign a new one.
If your state allows for you to withhold rent there is a particular procedure for it. Various things, including written notice of the problems, is required before you can withhold rent.
The landlord is right to serve the pay or quit. Either pay your rent or find a new home.

I have my rent I just want my stuff fixed I have paid on time since I have been here this new property owner suck

Pay your rent submit all repairs in writing and document when they were given to landlord. Research your states laws on rent withholding and repair issues

I don't have a old lease

If you do not have a written lease then your rental is controlled by state statute.
There is a procedure to follow if you are going to withhold rent, if it is allowed at all.
If you do not follow procedure you will find yourself on the street.

Betty3 has provided you with an excellent resource regarding your rights as a tenant in Texas regarding repairs that a landlord has failed to address. READ IT!

While all states offer some option for a tenant regarding this matter, not all states allow a tenant to withhold rent...and even those that do require a tenant to have adequate WRITTEN documentation that they have informed the landlord of these repairs (and, in many states, to place the rent in an escrow account to show the court they have every intention of paying their rent once the repairs have been made).

Texas does NOT allow a tenant to simply withhold rent and by doing so, you have opened yourself up to facing an eviction.

Gail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back