Assault & Battery domestic violence, court tomorrow, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sev7n

it's not as horrible as it sounds. the altercation was between my sister and I; we are similar in ages. i am a year older, but she's much bigger and stronger.

long story short, she was really trying to annoy me. pushing all the right buttons, just to get at me. she got in my personal space, and i shoved her away. i'm not lying when i say that it was not a hard shove, she did not fall or anything. it didn't leave marks. i was just getting her out of my space.

she came back by pushing me across the room and against a wall. she pushed me into a few objects and she even pushed me against a towel rack, breaking it. she would not stop. she did this about 3 times... where i would get up but she'd push me back down.

finally i got away and called the police. however, i got arrested for domestic violence... i'm guessing because i made the first shove and also because i left marks on her (scratches, but no blood or anything of the sort). they were in self-defense. but she mostly held me down. and the scratches and bruises she left weren't apparent until later in the day, not at the time of altercation.

she did not press charges, but being domestic violence, the police will prosecute. my arraignment is tomorrow morning. i don't know what to plead, no contest? also, how serious can this get?

thanks

Domestic violence is not good on anyone's record. It affects the way potential employers view you in a potential work environment. Plead not guilty until your lawyer can review the police report and evidence against you. Even if the evidence is strong, your lawyer could try to reduce it to disorderly conduct instead of domestic violence. You might have a chance given it would be a case of her word against yours………So your statement to the cops and their report is key. In most states it would be a fine with possible class, ….probation. It could be reduced to an expugnable offence in some states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back