Assault & Battery Domestic Violence and PRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacquelineb1982

Jurisdiction
Florida
My boyfriend was arrested for misdemeanor domestic violence battery. They charged him with felony dv battery because it was his 2nd offense. First was 14 years ago. He just got out of prison a year ago. Can they upgrade his charge and also sentence him with the PRR? Isn't that like double charging him?

Can they upgrade his charge and also sentence him with the PRR? Isn't that like double charging him?

THEY are able to do almost anything, as evidenced by THEIR deeds daily.

No, he's being charged with what he allegedly did this year, not something he was convicted of doing years ago.

Truth is, if he does it again in 15 years, he'll be charged again.

As the victim of his latest beat down, I suggest you be grateful that he didn't maim or kill you.

THEY are able to do almost anything, as evidenced by THEIR deeds daily.

No, he's being charged with what he allegedly did this year, not something he was convicted of doing years ago.

Truth is, if he does it again in 15 years, he'll be charged again.

As the victim of his latest beat down, I suggest you be grateful that he didn't maim or kill you.

He didn't beat me at all lol. I had a tiny scratch on my finger and I was mad because he called me a bitch and he was drunk. How it turned into a felony is crazy. I don't feel he needs prison time. So you are saying they can upgrade the charge and sentence him to 10-15 years in prison?

So you are saying they can upgrade the charge and sentence him to 10-15 years in prison?

The "can they do something" is explained and illustrated by "they sure as heck did do something"!

You didn't do anything to him.

He is alleged to have done something to you, and is CONVICTED of being a SERIAL ABUSER, BEATER, AND POUNDER of females.

Being charged doesn't mean he'll be convicted.

You remain free to contact his attorney and volunteer to testify on his behalf.

If you singlehandedly deny THEM of convicting him, I'm sure he'll show you deep gratitude and sincere appreciation after he BEATS the rap.

If he would have beat me then like I said I wouldn't care. I have feelings and for anyone to get 10-15 in prison for calling someone a bitch is crazy. It is what it is now. I have explained my side and what they do they do. His actions not mine. Thanks for your advice

You really need to get a lawyer and hopefully not a public defender. The court system, police, and as you have already read by certain people on this forum, are not sympathetic to your problem. If you do nothing, he will surely go back to prison....guaranteed. Your best bet is to realize that unless you get some legal help, he will do time for his actions. Even verbal abuse is abuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks. I don't have the money for a lawyer so he has a public defender. I filled the paper work to dismiss the charges and wrote on there it all has gotten so blown out of proportion. I say his actions and it is I just will live with putting him in prison. I don't k ow what to do.

Can they upgrade his charge and also sentence him with the PRR?

The only person who can sentence him is a judge who presided over a trial in which he is found guilty. As far as "upgrad[ing] his charge," who exactly do you suppose might do that and why? Also, are you talking about upgrading it beyond the felony that you said he's already been charged with? If you're asking whether "they" can charge him with the crime(s) that "they" already have charged him with, that should be rather obvious since that's exactly what has happened.

Isn't that like double charging him?

No.

You really need to get a lawyer and hopefully not a public defender.

The OP is the victim of the alleged crime and, as such, doesn't really have a need for a lawyer and obviously wouldn't be eligible for a public defender.

I don't k ow what to do.

Ummm....how about finding a boyfriend who isn't a violent criminal?

I happen to know a little bit about how the judicial system loves to make men out to be the violent ones when issues arise, but it's not that cut and dry. At one time I had a girlfriend that got bat shit crazy when I caught her in a relationship no-no. It's a long story that ended bad for me despite my simply walking away. I'm not trying to tell her to take the abuse, not at all, but if there are violent men, there are an equal amount of women that can AND DO make up stories. Police are required to take someone to jail on a DV call in california and that's usually the men. No women should ever put up with violence, but neither should a man be punished for something he didn't do.

Stepping off the soap box.....

I happen to know a little bit about how the judicial system loves to make men out to be the violent ones when issues arise, but it's not that cut and dry. At one time I had a girlfriend that got bat shit crazy when I caught her in a relationship no-no. It's a long story that ended bad for me despite my simply walking away. I'm not trying to tell her to take the abuse, not at all, but if there are violent men, there are an equal amount of women that can AND DO make up stories. Police are required to take someone to jail on a DV call in california and that's usually the men. No women should ever put up with violence, but neither should a man be punished for something he didn't do.

Stepping off the soap box.....

He rapped about killing and burying his girlfriend. Now he's charged with her murder.

My bad, I must not of read the original post by missing that "she wouldn't care if he did put his hands on her". Your a troll.

wigditty, you're balancing very close to a time-out with your posting privileges suspended. If that's what you want, keep it up.

He didn't beat me at all lol. I had a tiny scratch on my finger and I was mad because he called me a bitch and he was drunk. How it turned into a felony is crazy. I don't feel he needs prison time. So you are saying they can upgrade the charge and sentence him to 10-15 years in prison?

And the police got involved, because?

Somebody contacted police. Was it you, or is there another witness? And how did you get the "tiny scratch" on your finger? Are you trying to claim now that you filed a false report?

They can charge him based on what they have evidence of. If he is treated more like a repeat offender than a first time offender, that is not "double charging" him. Rather, it's taking into account that his illegal actions might be less out of character, and that he has shown that he has not reformed enough after being found guilty of his past mistake(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back