Domestic/Stalking

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicole2350

I have recently split from my boyfriend due to his domestic violence. I had a temporary restraining order on him but drop the charges at the hearing in hopes it would be easier with visitation with our 2 year old son. It's not. We also had purchased a house together last April in which he is not living anymore, but he keeps calling me and telling I cant stop him from moving back in and that's his house to. He is trying to tell me who I can have at the house and he's calling and harassing me all the time. I made a big mistake when I dropped the restraining order and I am scared if I go for a second one now they wont do it being I dropped the first one. But I am scared and dont know what to do. I want him to see his son but I am extremly stressed and scared.

File for another order; protect yourself and that child.

Don't drop it this time.

Get a handgun.

I'm not an attorney

But I'm a retired Caseworker.

1- Call your local Domestic Abuse Shelter. They'll have counselors there who can advise you.

2- If you get a handgun, get a concealed carry permit and find an indoor range so you can learn how to use it. Smith and Wesson makes a great "lady's" titanium gun. I own a 'Baby Glock' for my protection.

3- Remember, an order of protection is a piece of paper and it works only if the other party is willing to follow it.

4- Call the Domestic Abuse Shelter now before something unhappy occurs.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't play one on television.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back