Doing Weekends To Pay Off A Fine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss_Cherokee

I have a misdemeanor fine which will take 22 days to pay off. This came about rather suddenly as I had forgotten about this incident and I cannot make payments . So there is a warrant from the municipal court for the fine I haven't paid, however I have a job and need to see if I can sit it out on weekends so I can keep my job. :( When I turn myself in I won't even be seeing a judge for this as the fine and judgment has already been settled. How can I get a weekend deal so I don't get fired? I know that this is possible but do not know how to get this situated as if I show up in court or the police station I am going to county jail for the fine. I know I have asked a lot on this forum lately, but this incident popped up and I want to take care of it. I am turning my life around and want to be free of the system asap. Thank You for your input, there is hope after all... :angel for me as I am working hard at getting things right and legal.

If you are taken in on a warrant you will still have to see a judge. You still may miss a day or two of work til you get to see a judge and request to do your time on weekends though. If you are working with an attorney (which you must not be since you are asking here) then this may be able to be arranged prior to turning yourself in. Otherwise, turn yourself in early in the day on a Mon-Wed (where the following Thu-Fri is not a holiday) and you should get to see the judge the next day.

Thank You How's it in Hanford? I have been there, small world ain't it? Cool. Thank You for your reply.I do have a lawyer for my pending felony case,but he is awfully hard to get a hold of. Sigh, I miss California.IT is such a beautiful state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back