Dog hating neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

djordan

I work a lot of hours, live alone and have 2 small dogs, home in Fl, dogs have a doggie door come and go as they please, no complaints, not the case here in Ct. ---- put in a doggie door, no complaints for awhile, but then got a notice that dogs were barking too much while I was at work (got it on a Wed night when I got home from work late, had to work the next day early, let dogs use doggie door, had no time to get pee pads, got home had a fine for $150 in door) unbelievable, call the dog police, too bad pay the fine. Learn my lesson, got pee pads, dogs only go out when I'm home, bad winter last year, dogs hardly went out at all. By the way, they are 12 and 13 years old, no option of getting rid of my babies. Neighbor complains now every time the dogs bark at all, I can let them out cause if they see a cat or a squirrel, they bark and when they start barking, I go get them and he will be out there complaining, I don't even have enough time to get them back in the house. Only one of he dogs is really the barker, the only one will just a little. Of note, I am not the only one in the neighborhood that has problems with the guy. I feel that this is harassment and want to know what I can do about this mean hateful neighbor. Any suggestions???

You can keep your dogs quiet or expect to pay escalating fines, if you continue to live in densely populated CT.

You could move to a rural area or back to Florida.

The guy isn't harassing you.

Your dogs are harassing him.

Keep the dogs inside and quiet, or board them at a kennel during the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back