Dog chipped my neighbors tooth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centerman

I've been trying to find a similar situation, but haven't yet. We live in North Carolina. My dogs a Jack Russell and a Boxer are contained in an Invisible Fence in the yard and in my Kitchen. We have neighbors who moved into the house next to us about 2 months ago, so we don't know them very well.

On this particular day my Wife was showing the neighbor a new mirror in the downstairs bathroom. The dogs were barking, but respecting the fence boundary by remaining in the kitchen. My neighbor walked up to them and entered the kitchen to greet them before my wife realized it and could fully protest. My boxer raised up at her in an aggressive manner with his paw causing a bruise on her side and his snout hitting her tooth. My wife and I were very sympathetic and accommodating to her and any need she might have. She said she'd get her tooth checked out. My wife and I agreed she should. I personally called Animal control to have the incident documented. My dog is up to date on shots and no skin was broken. The officer said every thing looked ok and my neighbor was content. She still greets us and casually chats whenever she sees us.

My neighbor got an examination with my personal Dentist. My Dentist said she has unmaintained teeth to begin with but has 3 that appear to be possibly valid new damage. This 1 tooth turned into 3 teeth and is costing us over $600.00. She also told my dentist that she has a slight pain in the jaw.

My question and concern is can she use this to her advantage and have me pay for all her dental work for years to come, or can she sue me for something I haven't even thought of? Any legal insight or any feedback would be really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back