1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Does Time Heal? Criminal Trials, Hearings

Discussion in 'Criminal Procedure, Criminal Court' started by joecano96, Jun 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joecano96

joecano96 Law Topic Starter New Member

I Have A Family Member That Was Arreasted For Drug Possesion In Texas. He Took It To Court And Got Probation. The Judge Gave Him An Additional 6 Months County Jail Because He Was Arreasted Again For Drug Possesion In Missouri While He Was Out On Bail. This Idiot Escaped Out Of The County Jail 3 Months Into His 6 Months . And Left To Mexico. He Has Been Overthere Ever Since. But Due To Financial Problems He Wants To Return All This Happend In 1997. Question Is Im Sure A Warrant Was Issued For His Arrest Does Warrants Expire Or Is There A Statute Of Limitation For This Crime ?

2. irish223

irish223 Moderator

Warrants have an indefinite shelf life, sort of like Twinkies.

While there are statutes of limitations for many offenses, I doubt that a jailbreak is one of them. Since he was already sentenced to the drug offenses, the SOL would not apply.

3. joecano96

joecano96 Law Topic Starter New Member

Thanks

Thank you for the reply. He was 19 when he did this I feel bad for him but it was a bad choice. Now he has to live with it.