Property Invasion, Damages, Trespass Does this make any sense? Criminal Trespassing/Mischief

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trasgifeg913

Me and two other friends got caught in the mall "beyond store hours". They said it was "Criminal Trespassing" let me add this all happened on 4/17/2008. Well the other two friends got off a long time ago, but for some odd reason they have stretched mine out horrificly long. So about three months ago after continued effort to get an attorney they finally gave me one. I really dont like talking with him though because its a fairly small town and it all seems fairly crooked thats why I am refering to outside sources. Anyways I moved away from that town and when I returned for the court date last time is when they finally appointed me an attorney. They also said by the way you have another pending case and I was like what for. They then notified me of a "Criminal Mischief" case. Where what happened in that case was my ex girlfirends fathers two tires got slashed and some sticky residue was found on the glass. Now the DA is saying that they are willing to drop the trespass case now 3 months shy of two years if I plead guilty to the Criminal Mischief case. Which for one I didn't do so why would I plea for that. For two they are going to make me pay her father back for something someone else did I will have to take some sort of classes which I am sure I will have to pay for, and 18 months probation. Also I am out on bail for the Criminal Trespassing thing so if they dropped that they are still saying I would have to report to my bailing company is that true? In the police report I got of the Criminal Mischief case it says I was only a suspect. Also I really dont live close to this town anymore its a good 500+ miles away when I make this trip its 100 bones there and back 200 bucks a trip I have made this trip a good 8 times between canceled court dates etc. So a good 1600 dollars down the drain alone not to mention the 16 hours there and back so a day wasted and the milage thrown onto my vehicle. Now what I am trying to also get at with the money thing is that I was reading the rules about slander. It said something along the lines of if it had an economical impact on your life or something like that. So I was wanting to know if slander is or isnt in the question and if so who would I really go after the State or my ex and her father? Along the same lines of the slander issue was wondering on just the criminal mischief alone doesn't that entitle us three to of had like a criminal presense about us when we were caught like them catching us stealing. I do agree about us being in the mall past hours yes but we were not actually in a store stealing stuff so wouldn't that just be considered trespassing? Now I may of made one oopsy in this whole thing the Mischief case happened on 1/20/2009 and around that time she was still texting me and such just on a friend basis and we always have kind of a sarcastic attitude about everything with each other and she brought up her dads car and asked if I did it and jokingly I may of said yes, but I cant remeber would that have much say so if I was in Oklahoma at the time? I know this is kinda long I just feel like im getting screwed out of all this if there is any more info you think you might need let me know. Any and all advice is helpful thanks alot.

Last edited:
That is a mess... I gave up part way.

Don't plea to anything you didn't do.
Depending on how things have been handled, it might be too late to stick you with anything at all on the trespass charge. Don't cooperate with any plea deal. The penalty for the trespass is a joke anyway- you have nothing to worry about. At this point, I would even plea not guilty to the trespass... chances are they won't get the people they need to show up to court and testify.

Well folks, it was tough reading, but I did it. Here is something very telling:

Now I may of made one oopsy in this whole thing the Mischief case happened on 1/20/2009 and around that time she was still texting me and such just on a friend basis and we always have kind of a sarcastic attitude about everything with each other and she brought up her dads car and asked if I did it and jokingly I may of said yes, but I cant remeber would that have much say so if I was in Oklahoma at the time?

OP is being asked to plead to criminal mischeif why... because he "may" have admitted to it, and there "may" be proof.

It sounds like the OP has never been contacted by the police regarding the vandalism, in which case he really has nothing to worry about. Unless he admits to something, they have nothing. The text message won't do it.

Ok I know its kind of all jumbled up, but I was kind of in a hurry this morning. Thanks mightymoose for the advice. Also the whole deal is just really strange the way they have canceled so many court dates and such it's really hard to explain but if the first part boggled all your minds then I wont go into more detail with all of that. Also there is really no need for the pointless post like "jharris352 Please edit this and break it up into readable units." Please if you cant read it then just go onto the next post. Obviously some people got enough out of it to give at least a little helpful information not trying to be rude just dont see why you posted that maybe to get your more post on your profile? Really though thanks ALOT mightymoose thats along the lines of what I was thinking I really just dont know how they are dragging everything out so long and tieing it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back