Medical Malpractice Do we have a case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandygreen81

When I was two (1983) I was diagnosed with Hisitosis X, a rare blood disorder. I was healed in 1987. The doctors tried every cure imaginable. They continually treated me with predinsone and chemotheropy, even after my mother pleaded for them not to. As a result this turned my bones to powder. The end result, was scrilosis, one leg had to be shortened to match the other and to straightened it, and a stunt in growth. There are several other health issues I still deal with as a result of what the disease left behind, such as no spleen. Furthermore, I have endured a lot emotionally and it was a huge financial burden with a low income family.

With the above information do you think I have a case? If so, where would be a good place to start. Who would I go to? I would prefer to only have to pay attorney fees if the case is won. I am a currently going through college.

Thanks for your help.

So much time has passed and there are a ton of variables here. It is doubtful you have any case at all since there is a VERY short statute of limitations for medical malpractice. If you were a minor your parents had to consent to the treatment. That treatment may have left you with some longterm health problems but it may have saved your life. You can talk to an attorney if you want but it does not mean that doctors were negligent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back