Burglary, Arson, Home Invasion Do I really have a logical/rational reason to fear the long arm of the law?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I thought this site was open to Canadian users as well. :)

Speaking as one - whether you should be concerned about a possible drug charge is essentially up to your parents.

Whether you should be concerned about a possible arson charge is up to the school. I gather they haven't filed a complaint yet, so I don't know what you're worried about. As stated previously, we can't read minds. In the event they DO file a complaint, you might be charged with arson, damage to property (s.434 of the Criminal Code). You might also be charged with ancillary offences like possession of incendiary material. It sounds like you are guilty. It also sounds like the offence (burning a book) was very minor in nature and I would expect you'd get little more than a slap on the wrist (suspended sentence, conditional discharge, something like that).

I don't see why you would need to speak to someone versed in both US and Canadian law. What you should really do is speak to a local criminal defense lawyer.

I didn't say it wasn't open to Canadian posters. I said that since this poster needs someone who knows Canadian law and since no one here appears to know the Canadian law in question, he might be well advised to post somewhere that he can get the answers he needs. He doesn't need someone versed in US and Canadian law; he needs someone versed in Canadian law. US law does not come into play here. The regular responders here do not know Canadian law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back