Do I have a Lemon Case???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharilee

Hello. I purchased a 1992 Chevy Blazer 5 weeks ago from an area man that sold cars on the side of his normal job. He claimed to be a dealer and appeared to operate professionally as a dealer. A coupl of weeks ago the vehicle started making a knocking noise while it was idling then the noise worsened and got louder ever while driving dow the highway. A mechanic diagnosed it as having bad connection rod bearings and said the bottom of the engine would have to be rebuilt. I reviewed the receipts, and it says nothing about "sold as is". Isn't there a case here? Or am I taken? I purchased it for $1800 but for some reason the man wrote the bill of sale out for $1000. I thought he was trying to give me a break on taxes but maybe this was his way of protecting himself from getting into trouble selling me a lemon. I appreciate your advice and if I have a case here....Thanks!

Sharilee said:
Hello. I purchased a 1992 Chevy Blazer 5 weeks ago from an area man that sold cars on the side of his normal job. He claimed to be a dealer and appeared to operate professionally as a dealer. A coupl of weeks ago the vehicle started making a knocking noise while it was idling then the noise worsened and got louder ever while driving dow the highway. A mechanic diagnosed it as having bad connection rod bearings and said the bottom of the engine would have to be rebuilt. I reviewed the receipts, and it says nothing about "sold as is". Isn't there a case here? Or am I taken? I purchased it for $1800 but for some reason the man wrote the bill of sale out for $1000. I thought he was trying to give me a break on taxes but maybe this was his way of protecting himself from getting into trouble selling me a lemon. I appreciate your advice and if I have a case here....Thanks!

I don't know what state you are in. If you have the ability to prove the fact that you spent $1,800 this might help you in court if you ever get there.

The problem is that I doubt that you have a lemon law case. Typically this applies only within the first few years of ownership and limitation of miles. It protects consumers from getting a new car from a manufacturer that is substandard and that can apply over the time from the original sale through resale. It does not provide a blanket guarantee that a purchaser that a used car will work for a period of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back