Parole, Probation DO I have a lawsuit??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teacher

Do I have a lawsuit? My husband has probation a misdemeanor. Which he completed all requirements except he did not pay the remaining balance he fell behind in his payments. (I was not aware)at 5:50 am I hear a knock at the door, it was 2 probation officers asking for my husband i told them that he was not with me, that he would be back in 2 weeks, and proceeded to ask them why they wanted him. They told me that he was on probation and it was standard to go to their homes. then i told them i would let him know when he got back to call them. Then 5 minutes later they knocked again and they wanted my name and my phone number gave it to them and told them that i needed to start getting ready for work I work as a teacher and it was getting late, so they left. Then 5 minutes later another knock!! it was the supervisor of the 2 probation officers who was yelling at me demanding that he talks to my husband, i told him that i had already told the 2 officers that came earlier that he was not there, and that i needed to get dressed to go to work, and he asked me where do i work? I told him that that was not his concern that what does that have to do with anything? I told him that i had answered all his questions and that i needed to go to work...he yelled at me saying that he wasn't done yet and i left upstairs closing the door to get dressed. As i drove out of my garage i saw a vehicle follow me but i didn't think nothing of it. As I was approaching the school the lights were flashing and the probation officer came to my window, i asked that why was i detained and the PO that had shown up first at my door said that i had pissed her supervisor off, I couldn't believe it !!! so I took out my camera and recorded everything, the PO supervisor came to the window and i again said why am i being detained?> He said All i'm going to tell you that this is a federal matter ?? The sheriff was called and he just asked me same questions that i had answered the first 2 officers!! The embarrassing moment that i had to endure in front of people of the community that i work in , not to mention previous students watching their teacher being pulled over like a criminal is UNACCEPTABLE. I feel that my character has been defamed. This probation officer had no right to detain me in that manner, What do I do know to make sure this officer does not get away by using his authority in a wrongful way to others!!

The person you need to correct, is the person the authorities were seeking. It's unfortunate,but the probation authorities had every right to inquire after the missing probationer.

You caused your own unpleasant dilemma, along with the missing probationer. You might inquire of the person in charge of the probation office. It sounds as if you ran afoul of US Probation/Parole Agents. They were doing their jobs, checking upon on your convicted felon of a spouse. You make too many waves, ruffle too many feathers, disturb too many people; they'll make sure that hubby's life becomes more difficult. As long as you choose to cohabit ate with a person on probation, you share their pain. Boot him, or make sure he walks a tighter rope.

You have no case, but you'll make his life worse if you persist.

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

When you marry a criminal, you live with the results of their loss of rights. Your attempt to take out your frustrations with him, against the system backfired. It is nice that a teacher can be taught humility.

There is no problem with the contact at the house, and unless they have a warrant I suggest you shut the door in their face every time. Sometimes probationers are subject to search at any time, but since they did not come in I presume your husband does not have the search clause.

Where this may have gone wrong is the traffic stop and their justification for it. Even if they witnessed a vehicle violation they are not the ones that enforce such things.

If you are angry enough about the encounter you might want to take your recordings to a local attorney and ask about unlawful detentions.

At a minimum you should consider a written complaint to the probation agency. Contact them and see if they have a specific form they want you to use for complaints.

Out of curiosity, what color were the flashing lights? If they were yellow you didn't have to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back