Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Do I have a harassment case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

etb14

Hi. My ex-boyfriend's best friend has been harassing me online for the past two months. I did not break up with my ex, I did not harm or threaten them, I did nothing. He has found various ways (Facebook, IM, Twitter, Formspring, etc) to bother me. I even have reason to believe he hacked into my ex's account just to send me something through it. Last night, after 2 months, I called the cops and the officer told him to stop. He claimed he did nothing, but said okay. Minutes later he wrote online about how hilarious it was that I called them. A few hours after that, he wrote something insinuating that I was suicidal (I am not) and that it was a good thing because I should die. I called the cops back and the officer called him once again. And again, he claimed he did nothing and that it was his "personal blog" and "how did I find it?" The answer: he sent me the link on January 9 at 1am. He purposely gave me it so I could see he was writing things about me.

I understand there are no death threats involved; but at the same time, he seems to have been doing all of these things with the hopes that I'd hurt myself. It sounds crazy (he has no reason to hate me), but this guy is genuinely not a good person. He really does enjoy seeing people suffer.

He moved down south within the past week, but I have found laws in both our states that seem to be what he was doing. From CT:

A person is guilty of harassment in the second degree when:
2. with intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person, he communicates with a person by telegraph or mail, by electronically transmitting a facsimile through connection with a telephone network, by computer network, as defined in section 53a-250, or by any other form of written communication, in a manner likely to cause annoyance or alarm.

And from SC:
(B) "Harassment in the second degree" means a pattern of intentional, substantial, and unreasonable intrusion into the private life of a targeted person that serves no legitimate purpose and causes the person and would cause a reasonable person in his position to suffer mental or emotional distress. Harassment in the second degree may include, but is not limited to, verbal, written, or electronic contact that is initiated, maintained, or repeated.

Do I have any sort of case against him? I have at least 10 pages of things he's done, along with a 28-page conversation we had in December where he told me that he "doesn't stop" (as in, he would not let this go). I also have an e-mail from my ex-boyfriend where he explicitly states that he is aware of his friend harassing me, but that it wasn't his problem.

Last edited:
Stop reading his blog dear. He isn't communicating with you unless he sends something to YOU. You are checking his blog because he is posting things about you. IGNORE him. He will go away. If he is sending you email, contacting you on social networking sites, you MIGHT have a means of relief but really: IGNORE HIM. You are worked up about nothing.

Yeah... I know. You're right.

I mean, I'm assuming he's going to stop at this point anyway. If he can't figure that out after three talks with an officer, then... that's his problem I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back