Do i have a case? School failed to send transcript to school I was transfering

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowyry

I applied as a transfer student to a particular college. I asked my high school to send my transcript back in the beginning of February. The college website stated that it would take approximately 14 days to receive. Since the deadline was March 15th I knew i had enough time. At the end of February, I checked the status of my application and to my dismay the college still didn't receive my high school transcript. So i called my high school and asked them to resend it. They "sent" it again and it's been almost a month since the 2nd time and the college still doesn't have it. I called the school today and they said they still haven't received it.( They told me to call again in a week when I called them before). Now I doubt I will be accepted as a transfer since it's way past the deadline and they still don't have my transcript. I feel like I haven been deprived of my right to an education especially since i paid for all the processing fees and cost to send the transcript. Is there anything I can do?

If you possess 12 or more college credits (usually with a 2.0, sometimes a 2.5 GPA), you don't need High school transcripts. Check with the school you're trying to enrol in and ask them if that is their policy.

Otherwise, keep trying. You can gain admission often on a contingency basis, if those gosh-durn high school transcripts are required.

Finally, in answer to your question, no; you have no basis for a lawsuit such as you posed.

Last edited:
Not really. Perhaps your school did send the transcript and the receiving school misplaced it? Maybe it was lost in the mail somewhere along the way?
You could have gotten a copy of the transcript yourself and delivered it to the new school. You still can.
The responsibility to meet the deadline was yours alone.
If you work with the admissions staff at the new school you may find a way to work this out- assuming all other materials have been timely submitted.

The school I'm transferring to is 300 miles away from where i currently live. The school required the high school themselves to send it not me. I asked them if I could send it and they said they want it from the high school. And in order to transfer without providing a high school transcript I would need at least 24 credits at the time of application which I did not have.

You can likely obtain the transcripts from your school in a sealed envelope. You can then send that envelope yourself to the new school. They don't care who mails it- they just want it sealed when it reaches them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back