Do I get the car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamievbva

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Not sure what forum this falls under..

My partner of 3 years and i are splitting do to his cheatting. He purchased a car for me the day before Valentine's day two years ago. I sold my 2 cars to assist with the downpayment. I have wittnesses that where there when he said he was buying the car for me. The car also had my personalized plates untill we moved out of state. Do I have any legal right to this car? And is he responsible for paying it off? Can't use small claims court. The car is worth more than $5000.Thanks for any advice.

His name is on the loan. But it was purchased and given as a gift to me. Doesn't he have to at least return the money i gave him to help with the downpayment if he keeps the car?

Actually you should see if you can come to an agreement between you. If you do agree on anythng do it in writing. You both have an investment in car one of you will be without it. Whomever keeps car should make payments. Now you invested some money in car but he has made how many payments? Does he want car? Lots of things to figure here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back